Model Factory Development Projects
Tell me and I will forget, show me and I may remember; involve me and I will understand.
Model Factory is defined as a tool that enables enterprises to act as an ideal vocational learn and apply hub on a basis of experiential learning techniques with operational excellence principles in a scalable manner.
The most basic feature that distinguishes Model Factories unlike other consulting models and theorical training methods is its power of combinating theory and practice by using experiential learning techniques.
Merging both techniques creates a multisensory frame that objects permanant gain of practice.
4 Model Factories in Turkey; in cities of Bursa, Gaziantep, Kayseri and Mersin, a partnership of Ministry of Industry and Technology, the United Nations Development Fund and the Chambers of Commerce and Industry are designed, lead and launched by UnoPro.
Model factories involve experiential learning, unlike other consulting models and theorical educational methods. Workshop participants apply the tools and the knowledge immediately that reinforces their learning with practice. Competency is gained by applying digital operational excellence tools and systems in their tasks under the supervision of model factory instructors.
Due to the scope of this program, you can start the lean transformation process by applying the training curriculum (roadmap) in your own business that UnoPro prepared especially for the lean and digital transformation of the industry.
The 4 phase roadmap eliminates waste and superfluity by first simplifying the processes and then digitalizing the system according to Industry 4.0 standards. Digitalization without simplification means having an inefficient, wasteful and resource intensive digital system.
In a nutshell, UnoPro can realize necessary lean and digital systems and tools and institute a production and management system.
Competitive advantage by versatility, cost reduction, diminished lead and cycle times are the fundamental metrics of a model factory.
4 Phases of a Model Factory involves;
- The preparation and identification phase begins with product selection. Product tree prototype and workflows are created, machines and technology required to produce the product are determined.
- CAD designs are made by customizing the selected product.
- Product prototype is produced according to CAD designs.
- The necessary machinery, equipment, and assembly stations are supplied with contracts.
- Production scenario, shop floor layout, and prototype value stream map is created.
- Machinery is commissioned, facility is established, and prototype and pre-mass productions are carried out.
Training curriculum in accordance with production process is designed, applications in the model factory curriculum are developed.
- Theoretical trainings are held for model factory trainers in classrooms, their applications are done in groups at the production site.
- The transition process from the current state to the lean state is experienced with scenarios, and the trainers are given the chance to learn about the transformation.
- The most basic feature that distinguishes these trainings from the conventional education is that Model Factory trainings combine theory and practice by using experiential learning techniques to reinforce learning process.
- Organizations to be involved in the project are determined, the list of appropriate factories are created.
- Organizations to work are sequenced.
- Groups consisting of trainers and participants are formed.
- Groups begin their work in collaboration.
- Associated companies’ digital maturity level are assessed based on the digital scope.
- As a result of the assessment the improvement projects are prioritized.
Value Chain Optimization through VSM 4.0 – Value Stream Analysis and Design for Industry 4.0
To supplement the digital transformation of the companies; additional practices implemented are as follows;
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- MES (Manufacturing Execution System)
- Pick By Light Application
- Material Flow and RFID Application
- Robotic Applications
- Smart Wristband Application
- Smart Glasses Application