SMED (Single Minute Exchange Of Dies) Training
- SMED concept and history
- Pre-SMED production
- Stages of SMED
- Standardization and dissemination of SMED
- Basic SMED Implementations
- Incorrect practices on SMED
- Implementing SMED in factories
- Example SMED Implementation
- Setup time study
- Separating setup into job setup and external setup
- Reduction of setup time with SMED technique
- Will comprehend the place of SMED in enterprises.
- Will be able to separate the setup steps as internal and external steps.
- Type changes and setup times between work orders will be shortened.
- It will make it possible to produce with lower lot sizes.
- It will be able to increase flexibility against customer orders with low lot sizes.
- Will be able to increase the production capacity of the Process/Machine.
- Will be able to reduce the amount of semi-finished and finished goods stock.
- Will be able to reduce time losses in the transition from product to product.
- Will be able to perform SMED work for a setup process, shorten and standardize setup time.